In a plot, the question is always, “What’s next?”
Here’s what’s next for me in the publishing business:
1. I’ll be in a horror anthology next spring.
2. I’ll be in a self-help anthology next spring.
3. I have a new collaborator in an urban fantasy series. The first book in the Ghosts & Demons Series launches later this week. It’s called The Haunting Lessons. It’s a fast and fun supernatural story packed with a powerful female protagonist and lots of jokes. (More on that on launch day!)
4. I’m teaming up with another author for a secret project and I expect big things in 2015.
5. Increased speed of production. I’m getting more help and a larger beta read team so I can focus on a narrower range of tasks.
6. The focus for the first six months is going to be more paranormal/urban fantasy books. This Plague of Days has become very popular and I need to write more supernatural stories. The new work has a lighter tone with more laughs per page instead of straight horror.
7. I’m diversifying on the non-fiction end of the business doing some author management work in 2015.
There’s lots to do, but I’m not overwhelmed. I’m excited. I’m using some Tim Ferris sorts of life hacks to focus and manage my time so I can do more through collaborations, competition and coopetition.
What are your plans for world domination in 2015?