1. What’s the scariest movie you ever saw and why?
I always tell everyone Beaches with Bette Midler, but it’s really Breakin’ 2: Electric Bugaloo.
2. Why do you write about horror when you could be writing about unicorn and puppy erotica?
Who says I don’t use a pen-name for that stuff? But I hate puppies so I don’t write that crap.
3. What’s your secret to being so damn sexy and does that get in the way of your writing career or help your fame grow?
Being so damn sexy is actually a curse. I can’t even go through the McDonald’s drive-thru and order three McDoubles (plain, please) without someone asking for my autograph on the credit card receipt.
4. If you could remake a horror movie with two iconic monsters, which ones would you put together on screen and who would win?
This might be my first serious answer… hmm. Tom Cruise (with creepy smile) against the C.H.U.D.’s. I would like to see the Cannibalistic Humanoid Underground
5. What stars would you cast in the movie of Dying Days (note: Not all characters can be Richard Simmons.)
Since you took the obvious answer away from me… Alyssa Milano as Darlene Bobich, even though she doesn’t look like her… I just want to finally meet my next ex-wife. And then a bunch of dudes I have no use for. Like the dreamy Drew Carey and Orlando Bloom (who people mistake me for all the time).
6. Celebrity author death match: Dean Koontz versus Stephen King in a cage at the Superbowl half-time show. The soundtrack is the fight music from the original Star Trek Spock versus Shatner fight to the death. What weapons do Koontz and King use? How does the fight go down and who wins?
Koontz uses his toupee as a secret weapon, using it at the last minute to break off King’s giant choppers and forcing them down his throat. King’s Ramones t-shirt is ineffective against Koontz.
7. In your spare time I understand you’re an internationally recognized belly button lint sculptor. How did you get into that and what’s your favorite piece of lint art?
My Abraham Lincoln is frighteningly life-like, but my Mel Gibson sculpture of his belly button lint from Lethal Weapon 2: Electric Bugaloo is also amazing.
I actually went out for a few banana bread beers with him and told him, truthfully, ‘Westeros will have an election next year. Hold out for there, or Margaritaville. Either place could use you.’ Then he got into his spaceship with Bigfoot and they went to hang out with Elvis and Fatty Arbuckle.
9. What does “Rosamilia” translate to?
In Italian the literal translation is ‘Man with Giant Penis Who Knows How To Use It’. Or thousand roses. I forget which one.
10. If you weren’t a horror author, obviously you’d be bent on world domination. What would your plan to become our overlord be?
First thing I would do would be to sink Canada (sorry, Chazz) back into the Hudson River, and then destroy the New York Yankees with a meteor (sorry, um… idiot Yanks fans) and then all radio stations would only be allowed to play Steel Panther or Bloodhound Gang songs. Then I would ban all literature except my books and Watership Down. And then we’d turn the pyramids upside down and make them giant swimming pools and I’d charge $5 per swim. And then… OK, I got nothing.
- This Plague of Days: The Pitch (thisplagueofdays.com)
- Summer of Zombie 2013 FREE eBook – Nine Authors! (alexlaybourne.com)
- The Summer of Zombies Blog Tour 2013: Todd Brown (fearwriter.wordpress.com)
- Summer of Zombie Blog Tour 2013 (lauragenie.wordpress.com)
- Sick idea: how rabies spawned vampires and zombies (chazzwrites.com)
- Dying Days 3 (lisawoodswrites.com)