I’m a big fan of comedian and uber-podcaster Joe Rogan. He’s a guy with eclectic interests and an incisive mind. He shared some advice I think everyone could benefit from as we work on keeping our resolutions for 2013. (That’s right! I’m still talking about those promises we made to ourselves New Year’s Eve! Don’t quit!)
Whatever your roadblock in life, he suggests you imagine yourself as the hero or heroine of a movie. Your life is that movie. Whatever you do, a film crew is following you around and capturing each moment as you go about being that brave, smart, energetic, get-things-done protagonist. Protagonists have plots and plans and they act on them to go from zero to hero, loser to Nobel prizewinner. See yourself as if through that lens and you’ll soon find out how that changes your life.
Pop quiz, hotshot! What do you do? What do you do?
- What will you make of 2013? Help is on the way. (chazzwrites.com)
- Seven tips about book marketing very few will heed (chazzwrites.com)
- The first solution to your resolution: Dump MPR (chazzwrites.com)
- What will you eat to lose weight in 2013? (allthatchazz.com)
- TOP TEN: Reach more readers with these blog tweaks (chazzwrites.com)