1. Daily writing prompts help me keep posting. I don’t always follow them, but when you’re stuck, it makes blogging easy, or at least easier.
2. A commitment to blogging every day helps Search Engine Optimization so the blog readership grows.
3. Community. I look forward to discovering new bloggers and I’m hoping more new bloggers (and readers) will discover me.
4. Networking. The Ultimate Blog Challenge encourages tweeting links so profiles are raised.
5. Momentum. I just completed a blog a day for all of June written by The Magic That is Me. Why not take a break? Some people take being tired as a reason to ease off. But it’s precisely because I am tired that I should do this challenge. It’s energizing (and commitment is so sexy.) When you blog every day, you get on a streak and it makes you want to continue. As long as the quality stays high, I’m okay with the quantity of the output. I write all the time. Deadlines are my friend.
Most important, I have a writing career and a readership to build.
Now is not the time to rest.
This is just the beginning. This is number 1.
- The Ultimate Blog Challenge – Day 1 (divorcingpro.wordpress.com)
- AB Challenge 28: Top 10 How to keep the blog ball rolling, George Clooney! (chazzwrites.com)
- AB Challenge 27: 10 rewards of regular blogging (plus a reward for you) (chazzwrites.com)
- Why should you blog? (sleeplessinnewcastle.wordpress.com)
- The Ultimate Blog Challenge-July 2012 (missriki.com)