Douglas Adams said the best, most exciting time was when he was penniless and sleeping on couches. His success was a total surprise to him.
10/14/2010 • 2:00 PM 0
1. We heard it was easier to break in.
2. We ate Robert Heinlein and really grok him.
3. We were promised flying cars and jetpacks. This is the closest we’ll get.
4. We’re doomed. Let’s imagine what our future would be…with a world robot government.
5. Spider Robinson is a humor writer, but the sci-fi elements made us think a little bit.
6. We’re incapable of writing anything else.
7. We love aliens. More than girls. Aliens want to probe us.
8. Settling scores with a ray gun is way cool, man.
9. Bradbury, Star Trek, Babylon 5…there are so many inspirations for talking about the future (and by that I mean, you can really comment effectively on what’s happening now.)
10. You get to play dress-up at the conventions.