Insights, inspiration, and practical advice for writers
Great insights here in this post by fellow author CS Lakin. Learn at the Scoopot! link below.
I especially like that there is no secret formula for success. Well, actually I don’t like it. I wish there were a formula. However, when I wrote Crack the Indie Author Code and Write your Book: Aspire to Inspire, I talked more about the details on how to do the hard slogging instead of suggesting black hat tricks to get backlinks or purloining disingenuos reviews using questionable practices. I’m sure I’d sell more books if I promoted those books as the easy answer to all publishing problems in five minutes or less.
Write more and better books: That’s the single most reliable thing I can suggest that will actually sell books. That or write a tell-all about the celebrity with whom you sleep. (As Jack Nicholson said, “Wrong verb, baby.”) Come to think of it, what makes my writing and publishing guides different is they’re the funny helpful ones.
In my next post, I reconsider my stance about moving all my books out of KDP Select to all platforms. In the meantime, read Ms. Lakin’s excellent post. Also note at the end of her article that she runs Writing for Life Workshops.
See on www.livewritethrive.com
- Seven tips about book marketing very few will heed (chazzwrites.com)
- The Perfect Pitch: The Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award Contest begins (chazzwrites.com)
- What will you make of 2013? Help is on the way. (chazzwrites.com)
- My Year in Indie Publishing: Lessons learned (chazzwrites.com)
- ChazzWrites.com wins among the top self-publishing blogs of 2012! (allthatchazz.com)