THINGS I DON’T KNOW INCLUDE:
1. How to push my stats for my author site (AllThatChazz.com) as high as this writing blog (though spillover should be inevitable.
Or should it? Not so far.)
2. How to get more attention to my podcast (though numbers have gone up since I started reading Bigger Than Jesus a chapter at a time.)
3. Have I put off more readers than I’ve gained with my strange titles?
4. Should I have pushed the title of Self-help for Stoners harder when I met Kevin Smith in a video simulcast, or would that have made me look like a douche?
5. If I’d started writing books seriously twenty years ago, would I be happier now, or trapped in contracts I’d hate?
6. Did John Leguizamo ever read the blog post about casting him in the movie of Bigger Than Jesus? Probably not, but we all go ego surfing from time to time, don’t we?
7. Will I ever get Scrivener to work the way it says it works when I format my books? So far I just play with it until I get incrementally better but so far it’s more like stabbing a keyboard in the dark than arriving at solutions logically.
8. Will Amazon look at the numbers and switch their algorithm back to the way it was in December so giving away a ton of books means something useful in selling books on the paid side? (When an Amazon fan like Joe Konrath says, okay, I’m out of KDP Select until they change terms, we should all take notice.)
9. Will my books take off before I run out of money completely? I am in a race. (I just got some help with this and things might be looking up if a strategy I’m working on takes off. More on that later.)
10. I don’t know if my gamble/mid-life crisis will pay off. I do know I’m glad I pulled the trigger. I’ll find out. It’s better than not ever knowing and looking back in regret at what might have been.
- Ultimate Blog Challenge: The Warm Chocolate Chip Cookie Exposition (chazzwrites.com)
- Ultimate Blog Challenge: Top 10 things I wish I didn’t know about readers (chazzwrites.com)
- Ultimate Blog Challenge: Top 10 What I’ll soon do differently with my book promotion (chazzwrites.com)
- Ultimate Blog Challenge: I am an artist, not a beggar (chazzwrites.com)
- Author Blog Challenge 17: How to talk with your graphic designer about your book cover (chazzwrites.com)
- AB Challenge 22: John Leguizamo, I know you’re reading this. Call me. (chazzwrites.com)