Happy New Year!
May 2011 be the year you
make your dreams come true,
publish your work
and vanquish your enemies!
I went to a party tonight. People asked me what I was doing. I asked what they were doing. Many in the family are an artsy crowd so we talked about the movies we’d seen and the TV we loved. (Yay The OG Buffy! Boo revamped coming-soon-Joss-Wheedonless Buffy!)
And I felt grateful to travel in circles concerned about arts of all kinds. Although I only started up this project in May, I’ve made new friends through attending writing conferences and blogging about writing and publishing. I’ve picked up more editorial work I love. I’ve edited website copy and helped people on their way to publication. I’ve provided (gentle) writing critiques and writers have been really receptive to my efforts.
The research I do here serves my writing and I’ve had the opportunity to promote books and publicize authors to my growing readership. (In part, the love bump I got from one of my heroes, director Kevin Smith, helped me grow and aspire for more.)
And you keep coming back for more. Most of all, I’m thankful for you. When I see my stats climb, I know I’m reaching, teaching and helping more people create art or make their art better.
For me, Chazz Writes is not just about getting gigs. It’s about building something good.
More to come.
Thanks for reading!
- Writers Top Ten: Why blogging about publishing is important (chazzwrites.wordpress.com)
- Writers: DIY vs traditional publishing (chazzwrites.wordpress.com)
- Writers: What is your genre? What do you read? (chazzwrites.wordpress.com)
- Writers : How “hands-on” do you want your agent to be? (chazzwrites.wordpress.com)
- Am I better off living a different dream? (tobiasbuckell.com)
- When did you know you wanted to be a writer? (chazzwrites.wordpress.com)