1. We heard it was easier to break in.
2. We ate Robert Heinlein and really grok him.
3. We were promised flying cars and jetpacks. This is the closest we’ll get.
4. We’re doomed. Let’s imagine what our future would be…with a world robot government.
5. Spider Robinson is a humor writer, but the sci-fi elements made us think a little bit.
6. We’re incapable of writing anything else.
7. We love aliens. More than girls. Aliens want to probe us.
8. Settling scores with a ray gun is way cool, man.
9. Bradbury, Star Trek, Babylon 5…there are so many inspirations for talking about the future (and by that I mean, you can really comment effectively on what’s happening now.)
10. You get to play dress-up at the conventions.
- How Robert A. Heinlein became one of science fiction’s giants [Book Review] (io9.com)
- Little known sci-fi facts: The lyrics to Star Trek’s opening theme | Blastr (blastr.com)
- Daleks top poll of sci-fi nasties (thesun.co.uk)
- Daleks named greatest monsters by sci-fi fans (telegraph.co.uk)
- Robot – A Bizarre Bollywood Sci-Fi Film (laughingsquid.com)
- Eric Stoltz’s Marty McFly Gets Dissected in Back to the Future Reissue (wired.com)
- The 23 Greatest Sci-Fi Songs of All Time (pastemagazine.com)